Fridays in my house are typically a low-food affair. Rather, most of the really simple to prepare things are gone and any meat is thawing or in the long water bath. If you’ve just come home from bouldering, as I have, what are you going to make that is full of thick, tasty, nutritious goodness? A Gironda shake, of course. Continue reading
Since my posting has been somewhat…lean as of late, I’m attempting to post weekly about things that I’ve had email conversations with people about or have tiny one paragraph observations about. I like alliteration, so I’ll subhead each category with “Link, Love, and Laughter.”
- Ever wondered how naturally thin people respond to overeating? Instead of throwing data at you from countless studies, how about you watch this BBC documentary about forced gorging. You might even come away wishing to never be forced to gorge on food; I know I did.
- A “Practically Paleo” (or Paleoish, as I call it) diet reduces markers of aging in humans. Kudos to Don for the commentary.
- Endurance athlete? Want better performance? What if I told you that becoming a one-nut wonder would improve your performance? I wonder if men with polyorchidism become much stronger as a result?
- I’ve taken up bouldering lately, finally finding a sport where I can hang around like an ape and take advantage of my ape index (+3 for those wondering). Check out this video of a problem called Black Velvet in West Texas. I simply love dyno problems.
- Is your spouse a gassy ass? Get the Better Marriage Blanket and avoid those dutch ovens forever!