My name is Skyler Tanner. I’m an exercise physiologist with an interest in lengthening human health span through exercise, dietary, and lifestyle interventions.
- I hold a Master’s in Exercise Science and own a one-on-one strength training facility
- In addition, I’m a lecturer with WITS Personal Trainer Certification Course.
- I’ve been a fitness and nutrition coach for 18+ years(!)
- I’m married to a wonderful woman, have beautiful sons, and 3 crazy dogs.
- Have been up to 50lbs heavier than I currently weigh, having lost on both high carb and high fat “paleo” diets…this is to say that while I might be naturally lean, I have been very overfat. You can read about all of that here.
- I lectured at the Ancestral Health Symposium 2011 and 2014. You can see the 2014 talk here.
- I lectured at the 21 Convention 2011, 2012, and 2014. You can view the 2012 talk here.
- I presented at Paleo (f)X 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015. You can see my talk “Aging with Strength” here.
- I’ve been featured on local Fox affiliates.
- I lectured at the Prevention R3 conference in Austin, TX in 2016. You can read about that here.
- My talk “Strength Training and the Biomarkers of Aging” has been featured on Peak Fitness by Dr. Mercola. You can see that here.
- My work has been featured in the Huffington Post.